For enrolment: Proof of German language skills according to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The following language certificates are accepted:
- Goethe certificate
- UNI Cert
- ÖSD certificate
In addition, language certificates according to the European Framework of Reference are also accepted by language schools that have recognized quality management certificates.
A list of recognized language schools can be found here
A list of recognized quality certificates for language courses can be found here
Students at the HfM Dresden who have received admission subject to proof of German language skills can take part in the language course offered at the HfM Dresden. Studies can only be continued in the second semester if the German exam at the HfM Dresden has been passed at the required level or, alternatively, a language certificate has been submitted according to the criteria listed above.
Artistic presentation of 20-30 minutes, which includes the following content:
Conducted the following works:
- Johannes Brahms: Bei nächtlicher Weil
- Hugo Distler: Ein Stündlein wohl vor Tag
- W.A. Mozart: Schlusschor Zauberflöte
- Joseph Haydn: A self-chosen choir from the Schöpfung
- Performance of a self-chosen opera / oratorio choir on the piano with marking of the vocal parts
- Demonstration of sight reading skills using different literature
If you want to specialize in accompaniment:
Artistic presentation (20-30 minutes) of works from three styles, some of which are played by heart, played safely at the existing level of performance and interpreted musically, and which reveal the applicant's development potential. The selection of the pieces is made by the applicant according to his individual level of performance.
If you want to specialize in singing:
Artistic presentation in singing (10-15 minutes): solo performance of an aria, a folk song a capella, two art songs and a poem.
Artistic presentation (10-15 minutes) of works from three styles, which are played in a technically safe manner at the existing level of performance and interpreted musically, and which reveal the applicant's development potential. The selection of the pieces is made by the applicant according to his individual level of performance.
For specialization in accompaniment and singing:
Oral examination of approx. 20 minutes to prove the following skills:
- Safe command of general music theory
- Auditory recording of intervals, triads, chords, melodies, rhythms
- Sight singing, tapping the rhythm from the sheet, cadence playing, figured bass, song harmonization
- Analysis of given music examples (formal, harmonic, contrapuntal, stylistic, instrumental)
- Melody and rhythm memory
The written test will take place each day at around 17:00. You can download sample exams here: