To apply for the Künstlerischen Graduiertenstudium (3. Zyklus) Meisterklasse, it is necessary to have graduated from music university. The submitted documents must additionally include:
- a certified copy of the most recent graduation document
- a declaration, denoting if the applicant is currently enrolled in another music university
- an assessment from two reknown artists
- extensive documentation about artistic projects during the time as student of the Meisterklasse
- it is mandatory to submit the programme for the entrance exam
Additionally, the documents may be supplemented with:
- further assessments, critiques, reviews or publications etc.
- a video file with an artistic performance
- a second copy of the entrance exam programme (see Appendix to Studienordnung für das Künstlerische Graduiertenstudium (3. Zyklus) Meisterklasse)
Submission of a concert programme of at least 45 minutes duration, with special consideration of the individual artistic signature with respect to programmatic choices and musical performance.
Performing solo is a necessary part of the performance. In addition an ensemble concert part is also possible.
Regarding the music choices, a creative part (selfmade compositions, arrangements or improvisations) is desired, but not required.
Before the examination, the committee will make a program selection of up to 20 minutes duration.