The Masters in Instrumental and Vocal Pedagogy is a one-year consecutive course of studies. It is directed at students who can demonstrate an initial qualified university diploma with ca. 30 ECTS points in Instrumental/Vocal Pedagogy. It serves as the extension and intensification of the qualifications earned in the first study section.
- Artistic one-to-one tuition throughout. Depending on your own focus, this can also be done proportionally in the area of classical music and jazz/rock/pop. 1 SWS classic and 0,5 SWS jazz/rock/pop for students of classical instruments, or vice versa 0,5 SWS classic and 1 SWS jazz/rock/pop for students from the field of jazz/rock/pop are possible
- Setting of priorities either in the area of music education or making music in a class
For application: Proof of German language skills at least at level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
For enrolment: Proof of German language skills according to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The following language certificates are accepted:
- Goethe certificate
- UNI Cert
- ÖSD certificate
In addition, language certificates according to the European Framework of Reference are also accepted by language schools that have recognized quality management certificates.
A list of recognized language schools can be found here
A list of recognized quality certificates for language courses can be found here
Students at the HfM Dresden who have received admission subject to proof of German language skills can take part in the language course offered at the HfM Dresden. Studies can only be continued in the second semester if the German exam at the HfM Dresden has been passed at the required level or, alternatively, a language certificate has been submitted according to the criteria listed above.
- Performance in the artistic focus (15-20 min.)
- One or two teaching sequence (s) held (15-20 min. in total) in individual, group or ensemble lessons
Please record the video from a fixed perspective (do not move the camera). You can use a smartphone or a professional camera to record. Please pay attention to a good sound. You can also record with microphones. You and your fellow players (if there are any) must be easy to see. Your hands in particular must be clearly visible (for piano and strings). At the beginning of the video, introduce yourself and say your program, looking at the camera. You have to speak German.
You can play each piece individually, and you can also cut between the pieces and the introduction. Please combine videos of different pieces into one video, if that is possible. Image and sound must be recorded at the same time, the use of a separate audio recording device is recommended.
- Artistic presentation in the artistic focus (15-20 min.)
- The selection of pieces corresponds to the admission requirements for the artistic master's degree in your instrument
- If a division of the individual lessons into classical/ JRP is desired (see course content), additionally: Artistic presentation (5-10 min.) with repertoire according to your choice from the areas of jazz/rock/pop or classical
- Work on a prepared ensemble piece (for example canon, rhythm work, interpretation, 15-20 min.) with a group. An additional spontaneous task can be set
- Aptitude interview of approx. 15 minutes on music-pedagogical issues including the submitted video