For application: Proof of German language skills at least at level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
For enrolment: Proof of German language skills according to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The following language certificates are accepted:
- Goethe certificate
- UNI Cert
- ÖSD certificate
In addition, language certificates according to the European Framework of Reference are also accepted by language schools that have recognized quality management certificates.
A list of recognized language schools can be found here
A list of recognized quality certificates for language courses can be found here
Students at the HfM Dresden who have received admission subject to proof of German language skills can take part in the language course offered at the HfM Dresden. Studies can only be continued in the second semester if the German exam at the HfM Dresden has been passed at the required level or, alternatively, a language certificate has been submitted according to the criteria listed above.
20-30 minute video with
- Performance of a self-chosen opera scene with marking of the vocal parts
- Accompaniment of an instrumentalist: Romance in F major op.50 No.2 by Ludwig van Beethoven or a 1st movement of an instrumental concerto of your choice
- Artistic presentation (10 minutes) of works from two styles, some of which are played by heart and played technically confidently at the existing level of performance and interpreted musically in a well thought-out manner and reveal the applicant's potential for development. The selection of the pieces is made by the applicant according to his individual level of performance.
Please record the video from a fixed perspective (do not move the camera). You can use a smartphone or a professional camera to record. Please pay attention to a good sound. You can also record with microphones. You and your fellow players (if there are any) must be easy to see. Your hands in particular must be clearly visible (for piano and strings). At the beginning of the video, introduce yourself and say your program, looking at the camera. You have to speak German.
You can play each piece individually, and you can also cut between the pieces and the introduction. Please combine videos of different pieces into one video, if that is possible. Image and sound must be recorded at the same time, the use of a separate audio recording device is recommended.
The following three parts of the program are to be performed singing and playing:
- Finale of the 2nd act from “The Marriage of Figaro” by Mozart
- 30 minutes of continuous prelude to a repertoire opera of difficulty by Richard Wagner, Giacomo Puccini or Richard Strauss
- A scene from a 20th century opera
- Accompaniment of an opera ensemble (the ensemble will be communicated to the applicant by the university 14 days before the examination)
- Sight reading of different literature
The examination committee makes a selection from the prepared program.