Bachelor of Music or Diploma
For enrolment: Proof of German language skills according to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The following language certificates are accepted:
- TestDaF Level 3 (Test German as a Foreign Language, level 3) or
- DSH-1 (German language examination for university entrance, level 1) or
- European Certificate B2 or
- UniCert II or
- a comparable language certificate
The study programme can be taken up for a limited period of one semester if the required language certificate is not available until enrolment. The first semester must be used for learning the German language. The college offers its own language courses for a fee. In order to be able to continue the studies, language skills must be demonstrated at the required level at the end of the first semester.
- Proof of creative abilities and independence by submission of three compositions, at least one of which written for a larger ensemble (extensive scenic or multimedia pieces are accepted instead as well).
- Short oral presentation (10 minutes) about one of these compositions
- A short presentation (5 minutes) of a foreign piece of choice (possibly an excerpt) written after 1945. The stilistic frame can be chosen freely, but it must not be a piece by yourself.
- An interview with questions from the commission about the submitted pieces, as well as planned projects in the Master course of study, and about the short presentation.
The compositions should be available in written form as a score and, if possible, as CD or DVD. Also the presented foreign musical piece should be available in score and audio format.
The exam duration is ca. 25 minutes.
- Emphasis on personal artistic concerns
- Elective focus for project-related work
- Focus: Electroacoustic composition
- Focus: Scenic composition
- Focus: Performance practice new music
- Possibility of project-related change of focus
- Free choice from musicological and music-theoretical seminars