Since 1991, the Society of Friends of the Dresden College of Music has brought together numerous friends and sponsors of this traditional institution. The aim is the idealistic and material support of the college in fulfilling its artistic, pedagogical and scientific tasks. We invite you to make a very special friendship with us!
- born 1951 in Schwerin
- 1972 to 1977 studied opera directing at the Academy of Music "Hanns Eisler" Berlin
- 1977 director at the Volkstheater Rostock and 1980 head of musical theatre at the Senftenberg Theatre
- 1982 Deputy Director for Planning and Organisation at the Dresden State Theatres, later Chief Scheduler of the Semper Opera, newly opened in 1985
- from 1994 artistic director and managing director of the Musiktheater Görlitz GmbH and the Neue Lausitzer Philharmonie, from 1999 artistic director of the Stadttheater Würzburg
- 2003 to 2019 General Manager of the Dresden State Operetta
- 2005 Elected member of the Saxon Academy of Arts and in 2015 secretary of the performing arts and film class
- 2016 Moved with the ensemble of the Staatsoperette from the post-war provisional venue on the eastern outskirts of the city to the new venue in Kraftwerk Mitte
- 2018 Honoured with the Saxon Constitutional Medal
Axel Köhler was born in Schwarzenberg (Erzgebirge). He studied violin pedagogy and singing at the Dresden Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber. His musical career initially took him to the ensemble of the Halle Opera, and in the course of his artistic career he appeared as a guest at the Semperoper Dresden, the Bavarian State Opera, the Hamburg State Opera, the Royal Opera House London, the Vienna State Opera and the Salzburg Festival, among others. In 1994 he was honoured with the Handel Prize and in 1998 was appointed Kammersänger. From 2009 to 2016 Axel Köhler was artistic director and later artistic director of the Halle Opera. Since 2000 Köhler has also been active as a director, staging productions in Munich, Bayreuth, Innsbruck, Dresden, Palermo and Graz, among others. Since the 2016/17 season, he has been a member of the ensemble of the Dresden State Operetta.
- born in 1971
- Abitur at the Kreuzschule in Dresden, then bank apprenticeship at Dresdner Bank
- Authorised signatory of Commerzbank AG and certified as European Financial Advisor
- Since 2004 voluntary work as treasurer for the association Freunde, Förderer und Alumni der Hochschule für Musik Dresden e.V. (Friends, Sponsors and Alumni of the Dresden University of Music)
- Born 1945 in Heide/Holstein, grew up in Hanover.
- Worked at Stadtsparkasse Hannover, Taunussparkasse in Bad Homburg, Baden-Württembergische Bank AG Dresden branch
- since 2010 Member of the Board (Treasurer) Friends of the Dresden Music Festival e.V.
- since 2011 Member of the Board of International Friends Dresden e.V.
1943 born in Dresden
1961-1967 Studied conducting and piano at the Dresden Academy of Music
First engagement as solo répétiteur at the Dresden State Opera
from 1970 1st Kapellmeister, since 1975 Musical Director at the Municipal Theatre Karl-Marx-Stadt (Chemnitz)
1980-1991 GMD at the Landestheater Halle and director of the Handel Festival Orchestra
1991-1998 GMD State Orchestra Rheinische Philharmonie and City Theatre Koblenz
1998-2015 Professor for orchestral conducting at the HfM Dresden, from 2000 also at the HMT Leipzig
due to an irreversible hearing disorder, premature termination of his activities as a conductor
until 2015 lecturer for conducting at the Dresden Musikhochschule
continues to give concerts as lied accompanist and chamber music pianist
Founding member of the alumni association of the Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber Dresden
Wettiner Platz 13, PSF 12 00 39, 01001 Dresden
Telefon +49 351 4923–626
(Schriftführerin: Claudia Syndram)
Konto bei der Commerzbank Dresden
(BLZ 850 800 00)
Konto-Nr.: 04133 195 00
IBAN: DE55 8508 0000 0413 3195 00
Bank code: 850 800 00
Commerzbank, 04093 Leipzig
SWIFT-BIC.: DRES DE FF 850