For enrolment: language certificate at least level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Certificate of the Goethe-Institute B1 or
- European Certificate B1 or
- UniCert I or
- a comparable language certificate
The following language certificates are accepted:
- Goethe certificate
- UNI Cert
- ÖSD certificate
In addition, language certificates according to the European Framework of Reference are also accepted by language schools that have recognized quality management certificates.
A list of recognized language schools can be found here
A list of recognized quality certificates for language courses can be found here
Students at the HfM Dresden who have received admission subject to proof of German language skills can take part in the language course offered at the HfM Dresden. Studies can only be continued in the second semester if the German exam at the HfM Dresden has been passed at the required level or, alternatively, a language certificate has been submitted according to the criteria listed above.
With your application please include the following:
- five own works as a score and audio recording. The works should be as different as possible and show the applicant's technical and artistic abilities in terms of melody, harmony, rhythm, instrumentation, and form. Of the five works
- one work should be a pure lead sheet (melody plus chord symbols)
- at least one work should be written for choir (at least 4 voices)
- at least two works should be written for an instrumentation of at least 9 instruments
- a maximum of two works can also be arrangements of foreign compositions.
- a list of 10 foreign music titles with the question: What music would I like to make?
- 10 minute presentation of one of the submitted own works.
- 10 minute short presentation of any foreign piece of music / excerpt.
- The clarification of the works on the piano or through audio examples is desired.
- A final discussion with the examination board.