A warm welcome to the Musikhochschule Dresden!
An exciting stage of your life awaits you in which demanding studies, many new experiences and, naturally, a vivid student life will all play a role. As exciting as all this is, there are inevitably many questions before the studies begin – these range from registration, to basic information on the organisation of the studies, to the lectures in the new semester, right through to the orientation week’s events.
Our portal can provide the answers to your questions! Just click your way through...
As a student applicant, you will become an HfM Dresden student after you have enrolled. You will receive the semester ticket and, from this point on, you will be able to use the practice rooms in the Hochschule, too.
Enrolment on your studies takes place on Friday, March 1st, 2019 from 09:00-13:00 in Room G3.03 (Studierendensekretariat).
For applicants with a German proviso (see letter of admission) the language tests at the HfM will be held in parallel on this day.
If, for a compelling reason, you are unable to enrol on time, you must submit a written application to the Studierendensekretariat requesting late enrolment or registration.
Please bring the following documentation to your enrolment:
- Letter of admission
- De-registration certificate if you have already studied at another Hochschule/university
- Applicants for the teaching degree – primary school: additional enrolment/registration certificate from the Technische Universität Dresden
- Certified copy of the Abitur (A-levels, high school diploma), bachelor's degree, diploma or master's certificate (if not yet submitted and if required)
- Current insurance certificate of the health insurance (chip-card is not sufficient). Those who are privately insured need to apply for the exemption from compulsory insurance as students from the statutory health insurance in accordance with § 8, Abs. 1, Nr. 5 SGB V. The responsible insurance is the last statutory health insurance where insured, if insured and/or if you were not legally insured, a health insurance company at the place of residence or study.
- An EC/debit card (girocard) from a German bank account for the payment of the semester fee of €274.70 (no cash, no international cards and no credit cards can be accepted)
- Residence permit for international students outside the EU
Semester Ticket, Semester Contribution & Student ID
The semester contribution is €274.70 and is paid when you register with an EC/debit card. Please note that only EC/debit cards are eligible for payment.
The HfM Dresden’s student ID card is a chip-card and serves as a semester ticket, library ID card, as well as a proof of eligibility and the key for the use of the practice-rooms.
The HfM Dresden offers a very special service for international students.
Welcome Service for All International Students at the HfM Dresden
- Would you like help with finding accommodation?
- Do you still have a few visits to the Dresden authorities to make (foreigners authority, student union, bank, health insurance office...)?
- Are you looking for new friends?
- Would you like to improve your German language skills?
Then it is time for you to contact our Team International
It is much easier together! ‘Older’ students support ‘young’ students. International menu evenings, dances, museum visits, excursions, and lots more, wonderfully complement your studies outside the Hochschule...
The following international students are enroled at the HfM Dresden and are settled down in Dresden very well. But in the beginning they probably had similar problems and difficulties as you might have now.
Read here, who they are and how you can get in contact:
Héctor Rodriguez (Spain, Bachelor Flute)
Pauline Turrillo (France, Bachelor Flute)
Sergio Fernandez (Peru, Bachelor IGP Percussion)
Yein Song (Korea, Bachelor JRP Piano)
Jiayi Wu (China, Master Composition)
Tamara Miller (Chile, Master Composition)
The HfM Dresden may be able to support you financially during your studies, thanks to various scholarships.
Information for Exchange Students (ERASMUS + Incomers and Students from our Worldwide Partner Universities)
Katrin Mörbe can help you at the International Office (Office G 3.08, Tel. + 49 (0)351 / 4923-638) with any organisational questions concerning exchange studies, regardless whether subject or course change, Learning Agreement, Transcript of Records or Confirmation of Stay. The documentation of your studies for your home university is collected here.
The German language tests for international applicants without a proof of knowledge will take place on the day of enrolment, Friday, March 1st, 2019 from 09:00-15:00 in room W 1.10.
Please come to enrol in room G3.03 (Studierendensekretariat) first.