Bachelor of Music or University Diploma
Additional requirement: Qualified job expirience of at least one year (with a copy of the work contract or proof of freelance artistic work). Practical work expirience may have been obtained during a former study course.
For enrolment: language certificate at least level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Certificate of the Goethe-Institute B1 or
- European Certificate B1 or
- UniCert I or
- a comparable language certificate
The study programme can be taken up for a limited period of time for one semester if the required language certificate is not available until matriculation. The first semester must be used for learning the German language. The college offers its own language courses for a fee. In order to be able to continue the studies, language skills must be demonstrated at the required level at the end of the first semester.
The focus on orchestral practice in the Master's programme is carried out in cooperation with the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra.
The application is open only to those who have already applied to the "Kurt Masur Academy", the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra Academy, and have received a confirmation of participation in the audition at the Dresden Philharmonic. The application to study at the HfM Dresden is a prerequisite for participation in the audition at the Dresden Philharmonic.
After passing the trial at the Dresdner Philharmonie, an additional examination at the HfM Dresden has to be completed. Both examinations happen at the same day in the same place. The examination at the HfM consists of an:
- Artistic presentation of Orchesterstellen and Probespielkonzerte (15-20 Min). The programme should be oriented at the repertoire of the Dresdner Philharmonie e.V. Kurt Masur Akademie/Orchesterakademie trial repertoire, of the current tender period.
- Study course in cooperation with the Kurt Masur Academy/Orchestra Academy of the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra
- Individual instrumental lessons at the college, usually with teaching musicians of the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra
- Participation in intensive rehearsals and concerts of the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra as well as CD productions and international concert tours with up to 16 orchestral performances per month
- Courses in music physiology, musicology and theory, contract law and copyright law as well as other events to promote the start of a career will round off the course of study
Study fee: 1.000 Euro
Monthly compensation by the Dresdner Philharmonie: 850,00 Euro brutto
Please check first, if your instrument has open positions announced:
After applying with the above link, you can submit your application for Master Orchestral Practice here: